Modern, Elegant & High-Quality Flooring, Perth & Dundee
At DG Ritchie Joinery, we’ve been supplying and installing flooring solutions around Scotland for over four decades. Based in Perthshire, our years of experience, top-quality materials and friendly team set us apart from other flooring companies.
Our track record of highly recommended, quality service will leave you feeling confident in our ability to deliver outstanding results. Our aim is always to provide the high standard associated with our name and to guarantee customer satisfaction 100% of the time.
We provide woods, laminates, vinyls and other flooring products, along with a first-class installation service.
If you’re looking for quality flooring companies near you, get in touch with us today.
A range of options to suit your needs
A top quality wooden floor is an asset to any interior space. Timeless and classic, wooden floors have an authentic elegance that is difficult to replicate with any other material. Not only do we provide you with the finest wood available, but with a reliable hardwood floor installation service to go with it.
If you’re looking for something a little quicker and easier to maintain, we can also install great alternatives such as vinyl or laminate flooring.
Whatever your requirements, a new floor can simply bring your home to life. We feel confident that we can find the right flooring solution for you.
We fit all types of flooring, including:
Solid hardwood flooring
Engineered wood flooring
Quality Laminate flooring
Luxury Vinyl flooring
And many more.
Sanding and clean up services available
If your existing floors are in need of a cleanup, watch us transform them with the latest technology. Our team of skilled tradesmen will sand them, their attention to detail bringing them up just like new. Whether it’s timber or tiled, we can deliver whatever flooring services you require.
Reliable flooring installation service at your disposal
After 40 years in the business, our exceptional team are at the top of their game. Many of our tradesmen have honed their skills over decades and specialise in multiple disciplines. You can trust in them to do a brilliant job, even with the most challenging installation.
Customer care leads to stunning results
The heart of our business is our customers. We pride ourselves on the relationships we’ve sustained over the years, and we want to get to know you and understand your requirements. We consider ourselves friendly, approachable and always willing to help.
After decades in the industry, we know our business is built on these lasting relationships. So we aim to support you through the whole process, from picking the materials to the installation to the aftercare.
Get in touch today
Each type of flooring has its own unique pros and cons, and of course, some are more suited to particular areas of the house than others. The end choice is completely up to the homeowner and will vary depending on who lives in your home, if you have pets or not and your own personal taste and style.
We offer a wide range of flooring materials and installations and will be happy to offer our advice on which type of flooring will suit your needs best. Whether you want hardwood flooring for your hallway or laminate flooring for your kitchen, we can find the perfect flooring solution for your home.
LVT flooring stands for Luxury Vinyl Tile flooring. It is a type of synthetic flooring material that is designed to mimic the appearance of natural materials like wood or stone. LVT flooring is typically composed of several layers of PVC vinyl, a layer with a photographic print of the desired pattern or design, and a clear protective layer on top.
LVT flooring is known for its durability, ease of maintenance, and water-resistance. It is often used in high-traffic areas like commercial buildings, but also in homes as it is affordable and has a wide range of design options.
When it comes to low-maintenance flooring that is durable, long-lasting, easy to clean, and of a high-quality, we recommend choosing between laminate flooring, hardwood flooring or vinyl flooring. These three options offer the best low-maintenance flooring for your home or business.
When it comes to choosing a floor for a busy family home, durability and ease of maintenance are key factors to consider. Here are some options that we can confidently recommend:
- Luxury vinyl floors: Luxury vinyl floors have come a long way in recent years and are now a popular choice for busy family homes. They are durable, water-resistant, and easy to clean. They can also mimic the look of hardwood or tile floors at a lower cost.
- Hardwood floors: Hardwood floors are durable and easy to maintain. They can also add value to your home. You can choose from a wide range of styles and finishes to match your decor.
- Tile floors: Tile floors are also durable and easy to maintain. They can be ideal for high-traffic areas like entryways and kitchens. You can choose from a variety of materials, such as porcelain or ceramic, and a range of colors and patterns.
The length of time needed to install your new floor will depend on a few different factors, these being; the size of the area being worked on, the material used and the amount of pre-installation work needed.
In general, most flooring installations are completed within 1-3 days.
Most properties, whatever their age, size or build, are suitable for underfloor heating (UFH).
If you’re interested in combining UFH with a new flooring installation, we would be more than happy to do this for you. Simply speak to us about your requirements.
Depending on the size and condition of the area being worked on, a professional flooring installation can take several days. Therefore, in some cases, it may be wise to make alternative living arrangements for a few days, especially if the flooring work involves your kitchen or bathroom areas.
Don’t worry, however, we always give our customers an accurate estimate of how long our work will take before we begin any project so you can plan ahead and make the necessary arrangements well in advance.
The condition of your subfloor is an important factor to be aware of when considering a new flooring installation. This is because some types of flooring, such as hardwood, require a level and stable subfloor for proper installation.
If your subfloor is in poor condition, it may need to be repaired or replaced before we can begin with your professional flooring installation. Please be aware that this will increase the timeline of your flooring installation.
While it's technically possible to install wood flooring in a bathroom, it's generally not recommended due to the risk of pooling, mould, staining and the risk of damaging structural boards and beams.
Additional, bathrooms are high-moisture areas, and excessive moisture can cause wood flooring to warp, buckle, or rot over time. Wood flooring is not as water-resistant as other flooring options specifically designed for bathrooms, such as ceramic tiles, vinyl, or stone.
If you really want the look of wood in your bathroom, consider using porcelain or ceramic tiles that are designed to mimic the look of wood planks. These options offer the appearance of wood with the durability and water-resistance of tile. Alternatively, you could use a waterproof laminate or luxury vinyl plank (LVP) that mimics the look of wood but has a waterproof core. These options provide the same warmth and aesthetic appeal of hardwood flooring without the risks of water damage.
Laminate flooring is a popular choice for homeowners because it is durable, easy to clean, and low-maintenance. To ensure your new laminate flooring stays looking new and shiny for as long as possible, follow these quick tips:
- Regularly sweep or vacuum the flooring to remove dust and dirt. Use a soft-bristled brush attachment to avoid scratching the surface of the laminate.
- Gently mop once a month
- Wipe up spills immediately to prevent water from seeping into the seams and causing damage
- Avoid using abrasive cleaners, steel wool, or scouring pads, which can scratch the surface of the laminate
- Use a mild cleaning solution such as a mixture of vinegar and water, or a laminate floor cleaner recommended by the manufacturer.
- Protect the flooring from scratches and dents by using furniture pads on the legs of chairs, tables, and other heavy items.
- Use doormats at the entrances to your home to trap dirt and moisture before it can be tracked onto the laminate flooring.
- Avoid exposing the flooring to excessive moisture, such as by mopping with a soaking wet mop or using a steam cleaner. Excessive moisture can cause the flooring to warp or buckle.
For wheelchair users, it's important to choose flooring that is smooth, even, and slip-resistant to ensure easy mobility and prevent accidents. You also want to consider a durable floor so that your new flooring lasts for many years. Here are some options that are commonly recommended:
- Hardwood floors: Hardwood floors can provide a smooth surface that is easy for wheelchairs to move on. However, it's important to choose a finish that is slip-resistant to prevent accidents.
- Vinyl floors: Vinyl floors can provide a smooth, even surface that is slip-resistant and easy to clean. They are also often more affordable than other options.
- Cork floors: Cork floors can provide a soft and slightly springy surface that is easy on the joints and comfortable for wheelchair users. They are also slip-resistant and durable.
- Rubber floors: Rubber floors can provide a durable and slip-resistant surface that is also comfortable to walk or roll on. They are often used in hospitals and other healthcare facilities.
What Our Clients Say
Don't normally do reviews like this but I feel I must on this occasion after having several companies in at my elderly mother's house to convert a stair so we could get her a chairlift to assist her with her mobility we were met with comments like "waste of time" and "impossible". We were lucky to have met Dave and his approach and attitude of yep I can make and alter that for you. Thank you will never be enough from me, a great guy and a great job.
Just want to thank Davie for a lovely conversion to our summer house, to allow us to use it for an additional workspace, always dubious about what some contractors say to me in the past, but no worries here whatsoever. Can't thank them enough for this...we have used them after this for other works in our house and will continue to do so.
A big thanks to David and his son Brian first class service from them both made a great job of fitting a new insulated loft hatch and loft ladder for us to give us additional space in the the house maybe just as small job for them but a massive improvement for us did exactly what the said they would do great job clean and tidy at a very reasonable price.
Big thanks to David for my new bathroom window great to find a joiner that can actually make something from wood to match what we already have in place just a plain wooden window with a small top opening made exact to match the other window good price good service and on time very happy and will use again later this year for our wooden deck.