Looking For A Reliable, Capable & Competent Fencer?
If you’re looking for a high-quality fencing contractor with years of experience, DG Ritchie Joinery Services is here to help.
DG Ritchie Joinery Services cuts out the middleman by acting as a fencing supplier as well as executing high quality fence installations.
We specialise in all kinds of fencing, from garden fencing to trellis fencing to other fencing products. With an array of colours, materials and finishes, we have an endless supply of options that are sure to satisfy the trickiest of customers.
Our team is passionate about their craft. We’re a hardworking group of individuals who will always ensure the final product not only looks great but is working exactly as it should. So if you’re looking for top-quality fencing near you, don’t hesitate to get in touch today.
What are our fencing services?
We are a Perthshire-based, first-class fence contractor. This means we supply, install and maintain fences all over central Scotland.
You might need a heavy-duty fence around your property that leaves you feeling secure. You might need a speciality fence to help keep a pet safe. Or perhaps you just need a fence that will complete the look of your home. Whatever your needs, we’re confident that we can deliver something that exceeds your requirements.
Some of the fencing solutions we provide include:
Residential fencing (including wrought iron gates)
Fencing for decking
A good fence can make all the difference to the first impression of your property. Our fence panels are crafted with care and attention to detail and are guaranteed to look great. We’ll walk you through all of our style, size and material options until we find something perfect for you and your home.
All of our fences are manufactured to last. We use only the finest, most durable materials, so your fencing will stand proudly for decades. Our top-quality timber is pressure treated and comes with an anti-rot guarantee.
Outstanding fencing services
Along with our fantastic supply and installation service, we also have the facility to provide a fence repair service.
We can fix or replace panels, fence posts, or sections of your fencing. We can help you improve and maintain your fence gate, improving functionality and security.
DG Ritchie Joinery Services also offers various accessories that are crucial to getting the best out of your fencing, including gravel boards and post caps. These improve the longevity of your product.
We pride ourselves on our customer service
If you’re looking for experience and expertise, you won’t find better than our talented team at DG Ritchie Joinery Services.
Our tradesmen are highly trained, with many specialising in multiple disciplines throughout our profession. That is why we are qualified to provide an all in one service in many regards - for example; we can perform both hard landscaping and garden fencing tasks in one.
Our team is not only highly skilled in their field, but we offer exceptional customer service to our clients. After decades, providing personalised assistance and fostering authentic, long-lasting relationships with customers is our bread and butter.
We’re dedicated to supporting you through the entire process, from selecting the design to the stress-free installation to top-quality aftercare. We’re friendly, approachable and will always communicate with you throughout the project. If you’re working to a budget, we will do our utmost to accommodate you.
Contact us today
For more information or to discuss your requirements, please get in touch today. We can advise you based on your circumstances, which will indicate what the job might look like. We’d be happy to help you.
In order to properly install a new fence in your outdoor area, we will first need to prepare the site by clearing the area and digging postholes in the ground. We will then set the fence posts in the pre-dug postholes using concrete, before attaching the panels and boards.
We will finish the installation by applying some finishing touches and adding sealants to protect the wood from the elements before cleaning up the site so that is safe, clean and ready to be enjoyed.
There are several types of fencing materials available for installing a new garden fence in the UK. Here are some common options:
- Wood: Wood is a popular choice for garden fencing as it is affordable and easy to work with. It is available in a range of styles and finishes, from traditional picket fences to more modern slatted designs. Some of the most common types of wood used for fencing include cedar, pine, and spruce.
- Vinyl: Vinyl is a low-maintenance and durable option that can withstand harsh weather conditions. It is available in a range of colours and styles, and is a popular choice for those who want a fence that requires little upkeep.
- Metal: Metal fences are sturdy and long-lasting, and are available in a range of materials including steel, aluminium, and wrought iron. They can be customised with decorative elements and are particularly suited to more modern designs.
- Concrete: Concrete fencing is a durable and long-lasting option that requires little maintenance. It is particularly suited to areas with high winds or extreme weather conditions.
- Bamboo: Bamboo fencing is an eco-friendly option that is becoming increasingly popular. It is lightweight, affordable, and has a natural look that blends well with garden surroundings.
Natural wood, such as cedar, teak and redwood, are all fantastic and popular options for garden fences. Bamboo fencing has also grown in popularity recently due its sustainability and durability, whilst vinyl fences offer a cost-effective option that requires very little maintenance or upkeep.
If you’re unsure about the best material for you, speak to our fencing experts and we’ll give you a detailed breakdown of all your fencing options.
Before contacting us for a new fence installation, you should first determine the purpose of your new fence, identify its proposed location and decide on the type of materials you want to use.
A fence installation requires a clear garden space that is free from items and debris so that your fence can be installed safely and efficiently.
If you need any help in clearing your garden or moving large objects or garden ornaments before the work begins, we will be happy to take care of that for you.
If your new gate or fence meets the UK’s permitted development rules, you will not need to obtain planning permission
Permitted development rules require your gate, wall or fence to be no taller than 2 meters high whilst also not facing a road, not being located in a conservation area and not being part of a listed building.
If you want to build a fence higher than 2 meters, you will likely need planning permission from your local council.
The cost of installing a fence can vary widely depending on several factors, including the type of fence, the materials used, the size of the area to be fenced, and the location of the property. Here are some general estimates for the cost of installing a fence:
- Wood fence - total cost could range from £1,800 to £3,600 for a typical 30-metre fence
- Vinyl fence - total cost could range from £900 to £2,400 for a typical 30-metre fence
- Metal fence - total cost could range from £2,400 to £6,000 for a typical 30-metre fence
- Concrete fence - total cost could range from £3,000 to £7,200 for a typical 30-metre fence
- Bamboo fence - total cost could range from £450 to £1,200 for a typical 30-metre fence
The time it takes to install a new garden fence will vary depending on the length and size of the fence, the type of materials used, the complexity of the design and the terrain of the installation site.
In general, a small to medium-sized fence installation project take anywhere from a few hours to a few days to complete, while larger projects can take several days or even weeks.
We always provide accurate estimate for your specific project before any work is carried out.
To keep a new fence looking fresh and in good condition for longer, there are several maintenance tasks you can perform:
- Regular cleaning: Use a garden hose and a soft-bristled brush to remove dirt, debris, and any stains that may have accumulated on your fence.
- Stain or paint: Staining or painting your new fence will protect it from the elements and keep it looking new. Depending on the type of wood your fence is made of, staining or painting will also help protect it from water damage, rot, and insect infestation.
- Trim vegetation: Overgrown vegetation can damage your fence by putting pressure on the panels or posts, leading to warping or leaning. Make sure to regularly trim any vegetation growing near your fence to prevent this from happening.
- Check for damage: Regularly inspect your fence for any damage. Look for loose boards, missing hardware, or signs of rot or insect damage. Repair any damage promptly to prevent it from getting worse.
- Protect from moisture: Apply a water-resistant sealant to wooden fences to help stop it from absorbing too much water, thus preventing rot.
The easiest way to determine property lines is to speak with your neighbour. If the boundary is not already clear, try to agree on it together.
This is normally not too difficult, however, if you can’t come to an agreement the matter becomes more complex and could involve legal disputes. Some actions you could try at that point would be; hiring a land surveyor, checking with your local government, looking for boundary markings or checking your property deed.
What Our Clients Say
Don't normally do reviews like this but I feel I must on this occasion after having several companies in at my elderly mother's house to convert a stair so we could get her a chairlift to assist her with her mobility we were met with comments like "waste of time" and "impossible". We were lucky to have met Dave and his approach and attitude of yep I can make and alter that for you. Thank you will never be enough from me, a great guy and a great job.
Just want to thank Davie for a lovely conversion to our summer house, to allow us to use it for an additional workspace, always dubious about what some contractors say to me in the past, but no worries here whatsoever. Can't thank them enough for this...we have used them after this for other works in our house and will continue to do so.
A big thanks to David and his son Brian first class service from them both made a great job of fitting a new insulated loft hatch and loft ladder for us to give us additional space in the the house maybe just as small job for them but a massive improvement for us did exactly what the said they would do great job clean and tidy at a very reasonable price.
Big thanks to David for my new bathroom window great to find a joiner that can actually make something from wood to match what we already have in place just a plain wooden window with a small top opening made exact to match the other window good price good service and on time very happy and will use again later this year for our wooden deck.